Parents can now access data on COVID-19 outbreaks in Ontario schools and child-care centres through a website launched by the provincial government on Friday.
The province said the website will be updated every weekday and include a summary of cases, as well as more detailed information on where the numbers come from.
As of Friday morning, the website showed 13 cases at schools in Ontario, including four students and nine staff members. All four student cases are at French Catholic schools in Ottawa.
Premier Doug Ford promised earlier this week that his government would report all outbreaks of the novel coronavirus in Ontario schools.
“I think it’s so important we report every single case, as we did with long-term care. We’ll do the same in school,” Ford said at a news conference Wednesday.
The move came after opposition New Democrats called …